Hotel and Travel
When booking your hotel and travel, plan to arrive on Friday, March 24th for our plenary speaker, Matthew Carrano, and Welcome Reception. See the schedule at a glance
JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW,
Washington, DC, USA, 20004
JW Marriott Washington, DC, situated on Pennsylvania Avenue, in downtown Washington, DC, a luxury hotel near many local attractions, including the White House, National Mall, the Smithsonian Institution and more.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) - 4.3 miles away, Metro service available. Estimated taxi fare is $20 one way*
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) - 26.5 miles away. Estimated taxi fare is $60 one way*
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) - 34.1 miles away. Estimated taxi fare is $90 one way*
- Closest metro station is Metro Center Station (Orange, Silver, Blue, and Red Lines) – 0.4 miles away
- Union Station - 2 miles away, Metro service available.
- Only valet parking is available at the hotel, $63 per day/oversized vehicles, $73 per day (height clearance 6ft 4in). Cheaper parking options can be found at nearby parking garages. See parking options here.
*Please note all cab estimates is taken directly from the hotel website and is subject to change without notice. Travel time and fares will vary based on traffic.
All individuals traveling from outside the United States must apply for entry visas as soon as possible and at least three to four months prior to the date of travel. The most updated information may be found at the U.S. State Department site. Scientists visiting the U.S. may find helpful information at The National Academies of Sciences website. Visa appointment wait times can be found here.
Please do not wait until you receive your registration confirmation before applying for a visa. All visitors traveling to the U.S. from visa waiver countries (i.e., Europe, Japan, Australia, etc.) must meet all requirements. If you need more information on the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) or a list of visa waiver countries, click here.
If your visa is denied, make sure that you send in a cancellation request. Requests for refunds will be honored only if received by AAA in writing to [email protected] on or before March 1, 2023. There will be no refunds for requests received after March 1, 2023. No-shows and onsite registrations are non-refundable.