2023 Call for Volunteers
Learn new skills. Advance your association.
We are building an energetic, inclusive, and innovative group of volunteer leaders. Together, we can accomplish incredible things, move the association forward, and advance the anatomical sciences.
Application Deadline is September 20, 2022.
Opportunities are currently available to serve on several committees:
Ambassador - 7 spots open
Committee for Early-Career Anatomists - 5 spots open
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - 4 spots open
Educational Affairs - 3 spots open
Journal Trust Fund & Investment Committee - 1 spot open
Program Committee - 2 spots open; preference given for the following research areas: neurobiology, evolutionary developmental biology, and/or paleontology
Professional Development - 4 spots open
Scientific Affairs - 3 spots open
Learn more about each Committee before you apply.
We are firmly committed to welcoming, developing, and maintaining scientists, educators, and volunteers in a culture that embraces individuals with diverse life experiences. Volunteer leaders must reflect those values. We encourage members from all regions, all anatomical sciences, and all aspects of our membership to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, mental or physical ability, age, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.
Apply Today »
Looking for more opportunities? The Call for Board Candidates is open!
Check here for the Board nomination form and more info!
Not sure if volunteering is right for you? Find information and inspiration here.
Can I apply for more than one committee?
- No. Please take a look at the individual committee pages and choose the committee that you are most interested in.
Can I apply for the same committee that I'm currently serving on if my term is up at the end of the year?
- No. We want to provide as many opportunities as possible for all our members, with priority given to those who have not yet served.
Can I apply for a different committee if my term is up at the end of the year?
- No. We want to keep opportunities open for those members that have not served. If you are still interested in serving on a different committee, please apply after a year or more has passed. If you want to nominate yourself for the Board of Directors, check our Board opportunities for 2023.
Can I apply for a committee if I am currently on the AAA Board of Directors?
- No. Board members have a specific role in governing the organization and to be effective, their time must be focused on those responsibilities.
What is Micro-Volunteering?
- Micro-Volunteers fill short-term projects, this could include: member surveys, task forces, and/or reviewing small projects or applications.